Tuesday 19 February 2013

Not In This Galaxy...

I have a simple mani today, and it's one of the new Hologlams by China Glaze. As soon as these were announced last year, they went on so many wish lists, including mine! I'm super lucky to have some lovely friends, and Susan over at The Subtle Shimmer kindly got a few for me :) If you want to see which I got, alongside some other holographic goodies from A Lacquered Affair, check out my Instagram feed or my Facebook page.



When first swatches were shared we were all a little let down by the amount of holo goodness compared to China Glaze's OMG collection (I own none of those so I can only compare from swatches)and other holographic polishes on the market (FNUG anyone??). It did mean that I could lower my 'holographic expectations' in advance of receiving them, so I'm actually quite taken with them.



I used Make Up Store Aqua Fix base coat and two coats of Not In This Galaxy. You can see a little holo in the flash photos and under direct light, but it's pretty enough in it's own right.

Without flash, natural light
What do you think of Not In This Galaxy? Do you own any of the new Hologlams?

x

6 comments:

  1. Glad you like it! It really is about moderating expectations, isn't it? Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is lol. But I really do like it, can't wait to try the others now :) Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. Pretty, can't wait to get rest of mine from Susan now :-) was great to see you the other day gorgeous lady! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they get to you soon! It was lovely, we definitely have to meet up again soon :) xx

      Delete
  3. needs more holo!!! i may end up passing on these when they appear in the states. still a gorgeous pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! I'm glad Susan swatched it before me to be honest, I think I would have felt really let down otherwise.

      Delete